Our program funds instrument repair and the acquisition of new instruments. We DO NOT give cash grants. Other exclusions are:
- Public, private and charter schools may apply, however, schools must be Title 1 and/or serve a population of at least 50% that qualify for the National Lunch Program.
- Schools must have an established instrumental music program (i.e. concert band, marching band, jazz band and/or orchestra) that is at least three years old. If your school offers Orff/classroom music only, it is NOT eligible to apply.
- Schools must have an existing inventory of instruments.
- Schools must apply separately (please provide information for the applying school only, do not include information for other schools within the district even if the music teacher teaches at more than one school).
- Teachers that teach at more than one school within the school district can only apply for one school per grant cycle.
- Full or partial requests may be awarded consisting of new and/or refurbished instruments.
- Previously awarded schools must wait five years before reapplying.
- Programs outside the United States
- Teacher salaries or music lessons
- Programs outside of our guidelines
- Events, concerts, festivals
- Summer camps